Share this Image On Your Site. Copy the Code Below:
- Want a free movie date under the stars? You don’t only save around $8.50 – $12 each ticket; you also get to watch it under the romantic skies. MovieMob is a free outdoor drive-in movie screening which can cater to least 600-800 Singaporeans. If you don’t fancy sitting in blankets next to other couples and families, you can drive in and sit it your car while popping home cooked popcorns. And as if it is not good enough, MovieMob invites watchers to vote for the next movie in its Facebook page.
- The Substation is the first of Singapore’s independent contemporary arts center, and if you are a couple who also likes watching indie films, this is the right spot for you.
- If you want to have a date like traveling back in Singapore’s past, you can visit the last surviving native village, Kampong Lorong Buangkok. During the 60’s there were still 40 families living here with rich culture and boasting heritage of Malay-Chinese, now there are only 13 houses left. Though it is free to visit, hangout and take photos, you must respect the residents and their beliefs.
- Hiking up a trail may be too tiring especially if the slopes are steep, however you can go to Macritchie Treetop Walk and experience walking on a 250-meter suspended bridge with wildlife animals on top of the trees. Experience the cool breeze on your face while taking in the luscious green scenery just near the metro.
- For the artsy couples, visit Gillman Barracks. The former military barracks now houses 17 arts galleries hosting various international artists, 5 restaurants, bars and cafes. Art lovers will surely adore the tours and walks around as if they are having a crash course in mixed history and art.
- Be enthralled with the golden artworks in Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. If you are curious with Buddhism or you just want to have a feel on a part of Singapore’s culture during Tang Dynasty, you can visit the temple especially in the morning to see the monks’ prayers. In between prayers, experience the calm halls and meditate with your thoughts. For girls who came wearing short skirts, the temple will require you to cover up. Another perk aside from the peace of mind, the monks offer free vegetarian food to their visitors.
To get there, you can either walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT or Chinatown MRT towards 288 South Bridge Rd, Singapore 058840.
- Known to locals as “the Durian,” The Esplanade offers various entertainments for couples, family and group of friends. Enjoy performing arts from theater arts to concerts. You can also head to the rooftop and view the great architecture Singapore has to offer.
- Aside from the Merlion, Singapore also takes pride in its Gardens by the Bay where the Supertrees stand tall and more colorful at night with lights dazzling to the eyes of those beholding it. The lights and sound show of Garden Rhapsody is a must see. Drop by in time to view the whole 15 minute show at 7.45 and 8.45pm daily.
Aside from the gigantic Supertrees, you can also appreciate the exotic flowers and plants in the man-made gardens. It is hard to miss as the garden is just next to Bayfront MRT Station
- Nature loving couples will surely agree that Southern Ridges is a must go spot for a date, especially for those whose idea of romance is walking with intertwined fingers. The 10 kilometer pedestrian bridge connects two hilltops, stretches between Mount Faber and National University of Singapore (NUS). There is no need to worry if you hate tough trails and navigations, you can even bring along little cousins and siblings.
Though it is not a much demanding hike, do not forget to bring bottles of water, sunscreen and face towels.
- Feeling romantic tonight? Don’t just go ahead to a candle-lighted dinner, head first to Singapore Botanic Gardens and catch the Singapore Symphony Orchestra. Let the lush greenery backdrop set the mood together with the world renowned music of the orchestra. If you get there earlier before the show starts, you can even pass the time by locating together the famous Tembusu tree which is printed on your $5 bill.
- Want to dare each other and shop without a single cent? Singapore Really Really Free Market is the best place to pick something like clothes, books, and other good finds. The mart was put up to promote sharing in the community, including skills in tarot card reading and yoga. Though this is a free market, everyone is encouraged to share or give back something in return.
- Let the elaborate carvings in Thian Hock Keng show you the deeper culture of Singapore. As the oldest Chinese temple in Singapore, you can appreciate its architectural marvel and unique charm.
- Up for something different? Why not fly a kite at Marina Barrage? Hang out with your other friends and family. It is also a place great for picnics, admiring the rising buildings, and breathing in fresh air.
- As a couple, you can relish some tranquility in Yishun Dam and take time to catch some fish. The density of the fish is high and you will notice the clean water it swims from.
- Do you know that there are actually 8 Merlions? The famous symbol of Singapore is not a lone half lion-half fish. Why not set out on an adventure together and hunt all 8 merlions, make sure to take a photo with each one and post them on social media. Start with the Merlion Park and work your way towards the other 7.
- Explore Mount Faber and be rewarded with the breath taking aerial view of Singapore’s skyline. Have your timing ready to reach the top before the dusk starts to show into colorful scenery.
- Doodle and create you graffiti together at your hearts content without worrying of being caught or being mistaken as trouble maker working for a loan shark. In Somerset Skate Park, you can unleash your creative selves, individually or as a couple. Yes, painting on the walls of this park is totally legal.
- Love the sea? Ride a boat and visit the wild dolphins at the Sisters Islands Marine Park. The water is clear, warm, and blue unlike the waters in East Coast Park. The place is perfect for snorkeling and seeing the coral reels and diversified fishes. You can also encounter hairy crabs, Smooth-eyed ghost crab, stone fish sea cucumbers, and starfishes. Since it is a national marine park, you can sign up for free guided tours.
- If you are an active couple who loves nature and exercising, go biking at Bukit Timah Mountain Bike Trail. Race each other down the rigorous 6km trail, or just enjoy the slopes together. The two most preferred starting points are at the at the Dairy Farm Car Park and at Visitor Centre Carpark at Hindhede Road.
- Want to see the skyscrapers without illegally sneaking on the roof of Swissotel? Just go ahead to ION Orchard and get in the elevator straight to its 56th The magnificent birds eye view will make you feel in awe while in each other’s arms.
Who says that going out on a date needs to be expensive to be romantic and worthwhile. Wouldn’t it be more awesome to try different things aside from dinners and movie theaters? Remember that the most precious memories can be the ones which are free, but if you want an extra special date that needs a little more cash to surprise your better half, you can visit Cash Mart and start its short, quick and easy loan process. A friendly team will be ready to assists you in every step of the way.
Latest posts by Cash Mart (see all)
- 5 Affordable Destinations Perfect for the Year-End Holidays - November 29, 2016
- Clever Way to Save Up When Shopping for Groceries - November 24, 2016
- Are You Really Safe from Credit Card Scams? - November 22, 2016
- Secrets to Snag the Best Shopping Deals this Black Friday - November 19, 2016
- Top 20 Reasons Singaporeans Worry about Credit Cards - November 17, 2016