5 Affordable Destinations Perfect for the Year-End Holidays
With only a month left in 2016, where do you plan to go without burning a hole in your pocket? Discover the most affordable destinations perfect for the year-end holidays in Asia.
The Best Destinations Perfect for the Year-End Holidays
Located between Vietnam and Thailand, Cambodia has gained popularity among tourists mostly because of Angkor Wat. Going to the temples of Angkor Wat, take a bike and enjoy the scenic view of landscapes and take in the fresh air from nature. Then, go to the beach and bury your toes in the sands as you watch the waves kiss the shore. If salt water is not your thing, you can just visit Tonle Sap, a vast lake that can change its flow direction twice a year.
Of course, the tour won’t be complete if you pass up Amok Trey, the famous fish dish with curry and coconut milk. Try the green papaya salad known as Bok L’hong. Love chicken dishes? Order Caw, Cambodia’s version of chicken stew with caramelised palm sugar.
With a fast-growing technology industry, Malaysia is still known to have diverse traditions and cultures. Visit the tea plantations in Cameron Highlands and bring home handpicked leaves. If you are after a nature trip, go to Taman Negara and experience what its rainforest offers.
Try the signature breakfast, Nasi lemak, which is mixed with milk and coconut cream if you like rice. Then, have some renditions, or meat stewed in various spices. Like peanuts? Satay has skewered meat seasoned with herbs and served with peanut dip.
Vietnam is known for its floating market called Mekong Delta. Experience the country’s rural life and bargain for fun. Order the famous Pho, a traditional broth with noodles, meat, and spices, if you get hungry haggling. Suppose you want some snacks, order Banh xeo, a local dish made of crispy rice crepe.
When in Thailand, you can’t miss The Grand Palace’s impressive architecture and landscape. Let your eyes feast on a variety of birds and tigers, and elephants in Khao Yai National Park. If you are into white beaches with clear blue waters, you must visit Ko Tarutao.
If you are in Indonesia, you must visit the beautiful Buddhist Temple Borobudur during sunrise to experience the awe and serenity the environment brings. Beach bums will surely enjoy Bali. Take in the scene, breathe in the salty breeze before snorkelling to see the living coral reefs. Also, enjoy Nasi Goreng, Indonesia’s signature spicy fried rice dish served with cucumber and tomatoes topped with eggs, shrimp and chicken. Finally, have a serving of Bakmi. An egg noodle served with meat and vegetables.
The Best Credit Cards to Bring Perfect for the Year-End Holidays
Citi PremierMiles Visa Card
You can earn 10 Citi Miles for every dollar you spend when you book your travels online. If you apply for the card now, you can get up to 42,000 Miles:
- 15,000 Miles is you spend any amount
- 15,000 Miles if you spend at least $10,000 in three months
- 12,000 Miles is the accumulated Miles based on the $10,000 spent
- Spend the long weekend overseas and get 50% more miles
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card
- Get 3 Miles in every $ you spend overseas with a minimum spend of $2,000
- If you can’t reach the minimum amount, you can still get 2.5 points or 1 mile for each $.
- Get a priority pass to airport lounges
- Up to $1,000,000 of coverage for accidental death
- Baggage loss is also covered by up to $5,000
OCBC Voyage Card
- Get 2.3 VOYAGE MILES every time you spend $1 converted from foreign currency.
- Earn 2.3 VOYAGE MILES for each $1 you spend dining locally
- Have 1 VOYAGE MILES with every $1 spent locally
- Have a complimentary limousine transfer service
- Get a complimentary travel insurance worth up to $1 million
ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card
- Have 1.4 air miles for every $1 spend
- Get priority access to worldwide airport lounges with a minimum spend of $10,000 every quarter.
- Airport Limousine Service
- Complimentary travel insurance
UOB PRVI Miles VISA Card
- Get 6 miles for every $1 you spend on major hotels and airports
- You get 2.4 miles for each $1 you spend overseas
- Travel Insurance worth up to $1,000,000
- If you sign up now, you will get 10,000 welcome miles.
Travelling is now one of the rewards Singaporeans give themselves every now and then. Since you want to enjoy your money’s worth, you have to plan where you will go and what you want to experience. Bring along your loved ones and share the priceless memories. Also, choose which credit card to take with you to have more convenience and further rewards.
Another way to celebrate perfect for the year-end holidays is to secure funds in your pocket. Visit a legit moneylending company like Cash Mart. It approves a short-term personal loan for any of your needs. Check it out now!