If you want to save up with your plane ticket and hotel accommodation, you must be clever enough to know the simple ways to cut down fees without sacrificing your comfort.
Share this Image On Your Site
- Shop around on various booking sites
It seems that nobody book flights directly with the airlines nowadays. Most Singaporeans use flight booking sites. While this is a great idea, remember to browse for tickets and even hotel accommodation in incognito mode. Also, do not forget to deny cookies. This way the site will not see your preferred destination.
- Use the best credit cards with air miles
If you plan to go overseas three to six months from now, it is best to get a credit card to earn air miles in every purchases you make. It does not have to be connected to traveling, you can earn miles with dining, groceries and even clothes. After half a year, you could have accumulated enough miles for a free ticket, an upgrade, or discount.
- American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card
- Welcome bonus – 5,000 KrisFlyer miles
- Sign up Bonus – 3,000 KrisFlyer miles
- Miles on Grab – 500 KrisFlyer miles on the first booking
- Earn 1.1 air miles for each S$1 spent locally
- ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card
- Free 10,000 air miles when you renew your card membership
- Earn 1.4 air miles for each S$1 spent locally
- Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card
- Get 35,000 miles upon card application
- Receive 1.4 air miles for each S$1 spent locally
- Citi PremierMiles Card
- Earn 10 Citi Miles for every S$1 spent on online travel bookings
- 15,000 Miles is given upon application and charges for the first 3 months
- Receive 1.2 air miles for each S$1 spent locally
- DBS Altitude Visa Card
- Receive 1.2 air miles for each S$1 on local spend
- 3 miles for every S$1 on selected online flight and hotel transactions
- Be wary of fine prints
Budget airlines and airline promos are quite tempting, but these can easily turn into baits if you do not read the fine prints. Know the airline restrictions and the penalties it comes with should you fail to comply. A lot of flyers end up paying more because they forget to check the restrictions on luggage dimensions (weight and height) or when they fail to book their baggage online. Take note that baggage booking can cause way less if you book it online ahead of time.
Also, you must know if you are booking a refundable ticket. In case you need to cancel, can you get back your money? The same applies with your hotel accommodation. Some hotels will require a downpayment. Check if you can refund this before booking the room.
- Use Dreamcheaper for hotel rooms
After booking your room, use the Dreamcheaper to help you find a better deal. Send you hotel booking details through an email to email@example.com. The Dreamcheaper will continuously scan the booking site, hotel websites and budget sites for a cheaper deal. You will get a notification. Once you have given your permission, Dreamcheaper will cancel your previous booking and make the new one for you. Then, it will continue on searching for a better deal.
- Make an email address for newsletters
If you are a type of person who gets annoyed by a lot of promotional emails in your personal email, but also do not want to miss affordable deals, then you are better off with a new email address.
Create an email address especially for marketing emails from booking sites, airline websites and other budget deals from other sites. You can sort out the deals in this email and mark the ones which you think is useful for you.
If you need more cash for a memorable getaway with your loved ones, you can get a quick cash loan from Cash Mart today.
Latest posts by Cash Mart Singapore (see all)
- 5 Ways Retail Stores Can Fight the Booming E-Commerce - September 6, 2017
- Moneylender Review: Where to Find Low Interest Money Lender in Singapore - August 23, 2017
- What to Do If Your Credit and Debit Card is Lost or Stolen? - August 9, 2017
- 6 New Startup Schemes in Singapore for 2017 - July 25, 2017
- How to Escape the Social Status Trap - July 18, 2017