With only a month left in 2016, where do you plan to spend your holidays without burning a hole in your pocket? Discover the most affordable destinations in Asia before the year ends.
Share this Image On Your Site
Located between Vietnam and Thailand, Cambodia has gained popularity among tourists mostly because of Angkor Wat. Going to the temples of Angkor Wat, take a bike and enjoy the scenic view of landscapes and take in the fresh air from nature. Go to the beach and bury your toes in the sands as you watch the waves kiss the shore. If saltwater is not your thing, then you can just visit Tonle Sap, a vast lake that can change its direction of flow twice a year.
Of course, the tour won’t be complete if you pass up Amok Trey, the famous fish dish with curry and coconut milk. Try the green papaya salad know as Bok L’hong. Love chicken dishes? Order Caw, Cambodia’s version of chicken stew with caramelized palm sugar.
Now with a fast growing technology industry, Malaysia is still known to have diverse traditions and culture. Visit the tea plantations in Cameron Highlands and bring home handpicked leaves. If you are after the nature trip, go to Taman Negara and experience what its rainforest has to offer.
If you like rice, try the signature breakfast Nasi lemak which is mixed with milk and coconut cream. Have some Rending or meat stewed in various spices. Like peanuts? Satay is skewered meat seasoned with spices and served with peanut dip.
Vietnam is known for its floating market called Mekong Delta. Experience the country’s rural life and bargain for fun. If you get hungry haggling, order the famous Pho, a traditional broth with noodles, meat and spices. If you want some snack, order Banh xeo, a local dish made of made of crispy rice crepe.
When in Thailand, you can’t miss The Grand Palace’s impressive architecture and landscape. Let your eyes feast with a variety of birds as well as the tigers and elephants in Khao Yai National Park. If you are into white beaches with clear blue waters, you must visit Ko Tarutao.
If you are in Indonesia, you must visit the beautiful Buddhist Temple Borobudur during sunrise to experience awe and serenity the environment brings. Beach bums will surely enjoy Bali. Take in the scene, breath in the salty breeze before you go snorkeling to see the lively coral reefs. Also, enjoy Nasi Goreng, Indonesia’s signature spicy fried rice dish served with cucumber and tomatoes topped with eggs, shrimp and chicken. Have a serving of Bakmi, an egg noodle served meat and vegetable.
The best credit cards to bring along overseas:
Citi PremierMiles Visa Card
You can earn 10 Citi Miles in every dollar you spend when you book your travels online. If you apply for the card now, you can get up to 42,000 Miles:
- 15,000 Miles is you spend any amount
- 15,000 Miles if you spend at least S$10,000 in three months
- 12,000 Miles is the accumulated Miles based on the S$10,000 spent
- Spend the long weekend overseas and get 50% more miles
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card
- Get 3 Miles in every S$ you spend overseas with a minimum spend of S$2,000
- If you can’t reach the minimum amount, you can still get 2.5 points or 1 mile for each S$.
- Get a priority pass to airport lounges
- Up to S$1,000,000 of coverage for accidental death
- Baggage loss is also covered with up to S$5,000
OCBC Voyage Card
- Get 2.3 VOYAGE MILES every time you spend S$1 converted from foreign currency
- Earn 2.3 VOYAGE MILES for each S$1 you spend in dining locally
- Have 1 VOYAGE MILE with every S$1 spent locally
- Have a complimentary limousine transfer service
- Get a complimentary travel insurance worth up to S$1 million
ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card
- Have 1.4 air miles for every S$1 spend
- Get priority access to worldwide airport lounges with minimum spend of S$10,000 every quarter.
- Airport Limousine service
- Complimentary travel insurance
UOB PRVI Miles VISA Card
- Get 6 miles for every S$1 you spend on major hotels and airports
- You get 2.4 miles for each S$1 you spend overseas
- Travel Insurance worth of up to S$1,000,000
- If you sign up now, you will get 10,000 welcome miles
Travelling is now one of the rewards Singaporeans give to themselves every now and then, and since you want to enjoy your money’s worth, you have to plan way ahead on where you will go and what you want to experience. Bring along your loved ones and share the priceless memories. Also, choose well which credit card to take with you to have more convenience and further rewards.
Latest posts by Cash Mart Singapore (see all)
- 5 Ways Retail Stores Can Fight the Booming E-Commerce - September 6, 2017
- Moneylender Review: Where to Find Low Interest Money Lender in Singapore - August 23, 2017
- What to Do If Your Credit and Debit Card is Lost or Stolen? - August 9, 2017
- 6 New Startup Schemes in Singapore for 2017 - July 25, 2017
- How to Escape the Social Status Trap - July 18, 2017